Wednesday, March 5, 2008

1/2 a sleeve









well, the tomten photo isn't quite up-to-date, but it does show the hood and the beginning of my first sleeve. I started knitting together the last stitch of the sleeve with a body stitch, but it finally became too cumbersome, and i wasn't delighted with the way it looked, so i decided i'd just knit back and forth and deal with a little seaming at the end. At right is a photo from last month of my snow-bound backyard. i don't like shoveling, but i have to admit it looks really pretty sometimes!

my shoulder has been troubling me, so i've mostly worked on smaller projects and left the Tomten patiently awaiting me to finish it. i hope to have more progress to show you soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gerry we are neck and neck! But it's looking good. I've learned to not view my knitting as "work" and keep the enjoyment factor in it. I just cast on a BSJ so yet another project to dilly-dally over and distract myself with...